Salary: $20.00-$21.00, DOE
Date Posted: September 14, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 327697
Strong interpersonal skills, able to interface with Company Leadership, Branch personnel, Warehouse personnel, customers, vendors, brokers, freight companies and others as needed. Able to work under pressure with little or no supervision. Detail-oriented and understands cost and prices relationships as well as vendor and customer relationships. Must possess strong communication and organizational skills. Must show an ability to retain information and instructions as well as demonstrate initiative and able to think outside-the-box.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interface and work with Leadership, Sales and Support Staff
- 3 years’ experience/Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- Communicate with vendors, warehouses and customers when problems or questions arise regarding ordering of product, availability, pricing and shipments.
- Process Customer Orders in AS-400 system.
- Billing customers on daily basis including price verification, collecting backup documents and mailing invoices.
- Coordinate shipping of LTL full truck load orders including inbound, outbound and drop shipments.
- Research and find most economical methods of shipping LTL and full truckloads
- Negotiate new freight rates with carriers.
- Process department freight bills, including reconciliation, damages and freight claims.
- Email weekly Price Letters to customers.
- Data Entry in multiple Excel Spreadsheets.
- Filing, scanning, copying, word processing.
- Complete work in a timely manner.
- Prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Various other duties as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Paid holidays, vacation sick and doctor/dental hours.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefits.
- 401k Retirement Plan with employer matching contributions after a year of employment.