Union City, CA
Salary: 18 - 20
Date Posted: September 14, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 327704
We have a Client in Hayward that has an immediate need for a Warehouse Team Lead. Great company/Great working environment.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: The Warehouse Team Lead position coordinates all inbound and outbound activities of workers responsible for receiving, stocking, defective returns, picking, packing, and Air Waybill (AWB) processing for same day shipping. This includes all domestic and international orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Warehouse Supervisor and Operations Manager by identifying work procedures; prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Provide training to all shipping employees per policies and procedures.
- Allocate and adjust employee resources as needed to ensure dock to stock and defective returns are processed within 24 hours of receipt and all orders are processed before carrier departures.
- Monitor inbound exceptions to ensure they are processed per policies and procedures.
- Monitor order processing for correctness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Maintain a positive team environment.
- Ensure international and hazardous material orders are processed correctly and per procedures.
- Ensure productivity goals are met.
- Provide guidance and support to employees.
- Work closely with inventory control to resolve and close exceptions and the Control Tower to ensure all orders are accounted for and processed each day.
- Ensure all employees follow safety policies and procedures.
- End of Day Closure - Inbound: All receipts are processed, dock locations are cleared, bulk item repackaging is complete, and area is clean and organized.
- End of Day Closure - Outbound: Small parcel and LTL is picked up by carriers, exceptions are communicated to the command center, and work area is cleaned and prepped for the next day.
- Participate on a regular basis in leadership training sessions.
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Learning Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to promote teamwork
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday and could range from 7:00 AM - 6:30 PM or as needed based on facility needs and activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree (AS) or one or more years of related experience and/or training in the field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 or more years of experience supervising or leading a staff of 10 or more employees.