Salary: $22.00 to $32.00 per hour DOE
Date Posted: January 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 328050
One of our great clients is seeking experienced Second Shift CNC Lathe Machinists with a minimum 2 years experience. This is a temporary to direct opportunity for the right person.
Join a team that specializes in creating unique or difficult to fabricate components by coupling the efficiency of CNC Machining, Turning and Waterjet Machining with the inherent high precision of CNC Wire & Ram EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining). With over 20 years in business, the client has manufactured production quantities of fabricated assemblies and complex precision parts for all industries. Tolerances of +/- .0001" (.0025 mm) are achieved by many of our skilled associates operating in their climate-controlled 31,500 sq. ft. facility. The client has fabricated many precision, complex machined parts that other facilities have claimed “can’t be made” so join a winning and "can do" team!
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the safe and efficient operation of CNC Equipment allowing for the achievement of customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following are the normal duties performed by this position. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operate CNC Lathes to produce the required number of correct parts in a timely manner according to process documentation. This can include operating multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
2. Correctly setup jobs in assigned equipment in a timely manner.
3. Perform 1st piece, in-process and last piece inspection using micrometers, calipers, comparators, various gauges according to process documentation.
4. Perform operator maintenance.
5. Diagnose and correct equipment or tool issues.
6. Perform de-burr or rework of work in-process.
7. Make recommendations to optimize and improve assigned processes.
8. Maintain work station to 5S standards.
9. Perform all work according to Advanced Machining and Tooling safety standards.
10. Comply with all Advanced Machining and Tooling policies and procedures.
1. 2+ years of successful essential duty related experience, including operation of CNC controlled relevant equipment.
2. Firm understanding of machining center theory, including x, y and z axis, along with edge and center line pickup.
3. Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators.
4. Significant collaboration and communication skills related to continuous improvement and customer service.
5. Blueprint reading skills to GD&T standards
8. Ability to perform basic math functions.
9. Ability to lift/push/pull 75 pounds periodically.
Position is based in Poway.
Due to a high volume of responses, only candidates that meet the position description above will be contacted.