Lake Charles, LA
Salary: $18-$22 Based on Experience
Date Posted: September 20, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 328559
Route Sales Driver
Route Sales Driver Job Purpose:
The primary role of a Route Sales Driver position is to sell and deliver our products over an established route. They must ensure all customers (and prospective customers) have a high-quality customer service experience. They need to meet all sales goals and be able to generate new business.
A Route Salesman must also be able to meet deadlines and ensure timely deliveries. It is essential that a Route Salesman know not only this organization’s pricing and inventory, but also the pricing and inventory of the competition.
Safety is also important for the Route Salesman while operating and parking their vehicle. Additionally, these professionals must be able to operate a handheld computer system for processing orders.
Employee must have completed and remain current with all training requirements. Must maintain a Louisiana Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in good standing.
1. Develop a professional business relationship with each store manager/owner by performing all duties as prescribed in the Ride-with sales/service process in the Impact Standards Playbook.
2. Follow all policies and procedures currently in place; refer to the Impact Standards Playbook.
3. Responsible for the execution of all service requirements of each assigned account.
4. Directly responsible for executing the Quality Assurance Standards as set by SWB and the suppliers we represent.
5. Know, enforce and comply with all Alcohol and Tobacco Control Laws, Rules and Regulations in all accounts.
B. Daily execute all special instructions as prescribed by the Retail Account Manager (RAM) for each assigned account. Report any deviations to the RAM. Monitor and report to the RAM and/or Territory Sales Manager (TSM) all competitive promotional activity.
C. Maintain consistent route service levels.
1. Run the route in prescribed route sequence.
2. Report any problems/opportunities with regards to the prescribed route sequence to the TSM.
D. Responsible for supervision of assigned help using the guidelines as prescribed in their position description.
E. Know and comply with the Department of Transportation Motor Carrier Act and all state and federal regulations. F. Be certified by TSM to run a RAM route in Relief