San Diego, CA
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 DOE
Date Posted: January 14, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 331681
Our Client, a leading manufacturer in San Diego, is seeking a Material Handler to join their team. Do you have a knack for organization? Do you believe that everything has a place? Does the thought of something missing drive you nuts? If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, then you are encouraged to apply for our Material Handler position.
Our client is a high-tech manufacturing company, located in Sorrento Valley, is seeking to add a temporary to direct Materials Handler to assist in the day-to-day operational tasks within our Manufacturing Department. They are looking for an upbeat, detail-oriented, articulate, well-organized and resourceful person with the ability to work and adapt well to various personalities and management levels.
- Assist with the receipt and stocking of supplies, materials and components within manufacturing
- Follow company procedures for receiving, inspecting, and stocking incoming shipments
- Follow company procedures for safely & securely packaging product for delivery to customers
- Perform counts of inventory items, including A, B, C counts, and adjust stock levels as directed
- Interface with MRP software modules daily
- Assist with preparing parts/components for internal, or outside assembly, including processing manufacturing orders and adjusting inventory levels and locations
- Coordinate miscellaneous shipments with UPS, FedEx, and other logistics companies on shipping related activities
- Routinely lift up to 50 pounds
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with MS Office is required
- Experience with using inventory control software is preferred
- Relevant education and/or work experience will be considered.
- Detail oriented with the willingness to ask questions to complete the task correctly
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently and interact with a wide range of personalities and management levels
- Ability to work productively and accurately when faced with stressful situations
- Ability to take ownership and pride in work regardless of the task
- Ability to be open to change and the ability to effectively implement change quickly
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Due to the high volume of responses, only the candidates that meet the qualifications above will be contacted.