San Diego, CA
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 per hour DOE
Date Posted: January 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 331682
Do you like finding solutions to electrical, mechanical, and optical problems? Our client thinks that every problem has a solution and you could be the one to help them find it!
Our client is a growing, high-tech instrument company which is looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill their Manufacturing Technician position and become a part of their Production team. If you're looking for a job that allows you to work with cutting-edge hardware and software systems, incorporating precision optical technologies and techniques, to participate in the production of innovative measurement instruments, then you've found what you're looking for!
Our client is looking for an upbeat, detail-oriented, and hardworking person to help support their manufacturing department in the building and testing of their industry-leading measurement and analysis systems. This person for this job should be good with their hands and capable of understanding and following detailed, complex procedures and have a solid grasp of troubleshooting techniques.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and optical assemblies that do not meet testing criteria
- Diagnose and repair returned customer merchandise
- Contribute to a documented troubleshooting guide
- Be a technical resource for the assembly staff
- Build and test mechanical, optical, and electronic assemblies
- Perform routine inventory control and component inspection
- Collaborate with engineering to resolve problems with components and procedures
- Perform independent quality audits of manufactured goods
- Participate in the continuous improvement of assembly documentation.
- Associate degree or equivalent technical training
- Accumulated 5 or more years of manufacturing-related experience preferred, ideally with optics and electro-optics
- Experience in a manufacturing environment as an assembler or technician
- Ability to work under frequently changing priorities and deadlines, while keeping a keen awareness of the impact on other areas of the organization
- Knowledge of ESD practices
- Demonstrated high attention to detail - perfectionists are encouraged to apply!
- Ability to read and follow assembly documents in their entirety
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with hand and machine tools
- Experience with power tools and machining equipment
- Experience with electronic test equipment
- Ability to solder and work with electronic assemblies
- Ability to work with crimp tools, wires, and cable assemblies
Due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates that meet the above qualifications will be contacted.