St. Louis, MO
Date Posted: October 18, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 332757
Our national healthcare industry support client is looking for a talented development expert to join their team. This is an excited opportunity to grow with a dynamic organization committed to providing physicians and their staff the latest in education and engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing and monitoring industry relations activities to maximize revenue and build relationships with industry sponsors.
- This self-motivated individual will also have responsibility for the development and implementation of new revenue streams.
- The Director will advise and communicate regularly with the Executive Director, Associate Executive Director and Industry Relations Center Committee on a myriad of industry issues. Responsible for budget management and supervision of industry relations staff.
- Maintain a proactive role in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of industry sponsorship opportunities and create effective marketing strategies to promote them.
- Collaborate with other departments on lead-generating strategies overseeing the development, planning, execution, and evaluation of corporate relationships and securing funding including sponsorship, advertising/marketing, and exhibits to maximize benefit for the entire Association.
- Prepares and/or supervises the preparation of sponsorship opportunities, contracts, grants, and proposal.
- Facilitates operational and strategic planning activities to maximize industry relationships, engagement and revenue. On an annual basis, assesses short-term and long-term needs and develops specific goals and objectives.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in marketing, business or equivalent; or four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience: 10 or more years or experience managing corporate relations, preferably at a healthcare association.
- Successful track record of direct sales efforts in advertising, sponsorship or exhibits.
- Experience developing new sponsorship opportunities to fund organizational programs and initiatives