Date Posted: November 12, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 332764
Exciting AP Specialist Opportunity!
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that all invoices are accurate and paid in a timely manner. Applicant must be organized, have great follow up skills and be detailed oriented.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. This includes matching purchase orders and receiving paperwork to invoices where applicable.
- Coding; review and provide if needed
- Work with SAP new vendor set-up
- Prepare month-end accruals based on invoices not processed before AP cutoff
- Prepare month-end consolidated legal expense report
- Process inter-company transfers to Business Units initiated by payment vouchers to the Business Units.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Work with the Treasury department on scheduled check runs, ACH, wire payments and voiding checks.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research price/quantity discrepancies and take corrective action to resolve the discrepancy.
- Correspond with vendors and answer inquiries as needed.
- Work with Corporate Accounting in posting all journal entries and accruals at month end.
- Review and issue tax exempt certificates to vendors as needed.
- Must be able to multi-task in a busy office setting.
- Must cross train with other SAP AP Coordinator role(s) and be able to support the business in his/her absence.
- Assist with special projects supporting the organization wide AP department efforts.
The needed qualifications are:
- At least 3 years of Accounts Payable experience with recent 3 way match exposure, preferably in JDE / Ariba systems.
- Good Excel skills.
- Professionalism and committed to success. Available to work 40 hours a week and some overtime if needed. Duration is around 3 months.
- High School diploma or higher education level.
- Qualified candidate should expect an hourly rate of $19 to $19.50.
- Assignment will last about 3 months