Date Posted: February 18, 2019
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 333832
Assistant Production Manager
Our client is known as the most innovative, creative natural beauty brand on the market with a full range of cosmetics, perfumes and skin care. It is one of the very few companies of this type that still manufacture in the US. From the local Portland facility, they manufacture and distribute their world-class products across the US!
This position will work with Production Supervisor and coordinate the manufacturing build plan in support of the demand forecast, customer orders, and finished good stocking levels by performing the following duties.
- Acts as a key people leader in the Production division and as a process liaison between Materials,Manufacturing and Shipping.
- Coaches, motivates and trains Production workforce.
- Manages execution of the manufacturing build plan in support of demand forecast/customer deliverables.
- Models and fosters company values, reinforcing a culture of transparency and accountability.
- Manages, trains, and mentors Supervisors, Leads, and Clerks.
- Manages execution of the manufacturing build plan in support of demand forecast/customer deliverables, including:
- Works with Production Supervisors and Team Leads to ensure adherence.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments and manages daily flow.
- Communicates potential manufacturing-related issues/schedule changes to Sr. Manager of Production.
- Analyzes capacity requirements and suggest gap closing actions with Sr. Manager of Production.
- Ensures all procedures are current and followed.
- Manages job (work order) lifecycle, working with Sr. Manager of Production to resolve job variances.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineer, Production Supervisors and Production Leads to recommend/ facilitate improvements in methods or in-house processes.
- Participates on process improvement projects based on business needs.
- Maintains a positive, productive relationship with production teams and other departments.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to work well with others and have strong leadership skills.
- Must have prior experience supervising or managing others.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, including experience with lean concepts and Kanban replenishment techniques such as complex mixed model flow, supermarkets, level loading, pull signals, min-max levels and vendor managed inventory is strongly preferred.
- Direct interaction with an ERP system (Epicor preferred) is also required.
- Someone with an HR and Production background would be a great fit.
Bi-lingual fluency in English and Spanish is preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
Pay Rate: $60,000 annually
Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm - flexible