Date Posted: November 8, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 335634
Reputable and growing Importer seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their team!
Location: Near Commack, NY
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
In this role you will responsible for assisting the Logistics Manager with the oversight and management of all logistical functions. This will include but is not limited to:
- Schedule Outside Carriers and ensure DOT Compliance
- Conduct investigation of driver incidents which includes incident reports, pictures, retraining, discipline and claims.
- Coordinate Maintenance with Logistics manager, Director and third-party companies.
- General dispatch and Local Routing
- Communicate changes/issues with other departments
- Coordinate warehouse transfers and necessary staffing and equipment for that task
- Review with warehouse daily plan for picking and containers that may affect logistics dept.
- Review invoices from outside carriers
- Submit and monitor cargo claims
The ideal candidate must possess the following requirements:
- At least 3 – 5 years of prior logistics experience
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
- Great negotiating and Interpersonal Skills
- Great problem-solving skills.
Salary is contingent upon experience