Downers Grove, IL
Date Posted: December 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 336935
Our client currently has 6 full time seasonal Tax Preparer positions that will last from Dec 15-April 15. They have 5 available positions in Chicago, IL (Cook County) and 1 position in Elgin, IL. The hours are Monday-Saturday from 9am-5:30pm (will have either Tuesday or Wednesday off during the week). The pay is between $13-$15 per hour, depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review financial records such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return.
- Interview client to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Compute taxes owed and complete entries on tax forms.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedure for preparation of atypical returns.
- Verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors of arithmetic or procedure.
- Calculate form preparation fee according to complexity of return and amount of time required to prepare forms.
- Establish and maintain client histories.
- Prospect for future clients.
- Perform additional office and marketing tasks as assigned.
- Active PTIN for 2018 Tax year
- Minimum 2+ years of experience preparing personal tax returns.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills. (Phone etiquette is a must)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Typing speed minimum of 30 wpm.
- Willingness to work Saturdays and evenings
- Must have reliable transportation to be able to float to surrounding offices as needed.
- Experience working with one of the major tax preparation software packages such as TaxWise, Intuit ProConnect, TaxSlayer Pro, or Drake.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Itemization, self-employment income and expenses allowed by the IRS.
- Experience in amended returns
For immediate consideration, please call our office at 630-246-7837!