Salary: $70,000 to $90,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: December 10, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 339262
Engineering Manager - $70k to $90K + Bonus - Akron Ohio
PrideStaff is conducting a search on behalf of their Akron-based client for an Engineering Manager. Our client is a long-time employer in Akron with more than 60 years in business. They are industry experts in manufacturing metal components for various market uses. They are an innovation leader with many State-of-The-Art technologies.
The Engineering Manager will have full responsibilities over leading the engineering team, while coordinating with the Production Department, the Quality Control Department and all other department leadership. The Engineering Manager will serve as the subject expert on new technologies and manufacturing trends, and oversee the purchasing, installation and maintenance of all manufacturing technologies.
- Confer with Management, Production and Sales Staff to discuss project specifications, procedures, costs and progress through Engineering.
- Coordinate resources (staff, software, research, shop equipment and personnel) to plan and execute the technical aspects of prospective and secured orders.
- Be current with technologies and trends relative to the engineering processes needed to be competitive in current and future markets. Software, electronic devices, machinery, programming, data management are all examples.
- Participate in and/or oversee the process of securing and installing engineering and manufacturing equipment. This includes feasibility, cost analysis, supplier and manufacture comparisons, etc.
- Recruit employees, assign, direct and evaluate their work. Provide training to develop and maintain competence of Engineering Staff.
- Provide time/cost analysis to Sales for quotation of potential orders.
- Conceive and direct manufacturing processes of secured orders.
- Develop, implement and enforce standards and procedures for the technical work performed in the Engineering Department.
- Perform administrative functions (reviews, reports, rule enforcement, acquisition of engineering resources)
- Consult with, present to, and negotiate with Management to attain success in the engineering components of equipment, personnel, job quoting, facility and production including Quality Control.
- Set goals for continuous improvement in the Engineering Department and monitor and report on the progress of said goals.
- Communicate with Management, Peers, Subordinates and Customers.
- Decision making and problem solving (creative and practical).
- Updating and using relevant knowledge.
- Coordinating the work of Engineering and other departments.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all Acro personnel and customers.
- Seeking efficiencies in engineering and manufacturing.
- Monitor and control engineering resources.
- Compile, manage and utilize data relative to engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work.
- Guiding, training, motivating subordinates.
- Resolve conflicts between Engineering personnel and between Engineering Department and other departments.
- Maintain Current knowledge of Standards for Government and Safety Standards.
- Schedule work and engineering related activities.
- Develop long and short term strategies for improvement.
- Utilize existing and emerging technologies.
- Consult with others.
- Coach and develop the Engineering Team.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Communications Skills: Speaking, listening, composing written reports,
- Critical thinking, problem solving,
- Strong mathematics skills,
- Great with time management,
- Ability to persuade, teach and instruct team members
- Has a continuous learning, and continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to negotiate with vendors, team members and other leaders when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Engineering and Technology (math, design, physics, geometry, materials, manufacturing process)
- Written and oral communication
- Customer Service
- Personnel management