San Diego, CA
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 per hour DOE
Date Posted: January 12, 2019
Job Type: Temporary
Job ID: 342351
Our client, a Medical Device company, who is offering a great culture and working environment, is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join their team on a temporary assignment, 4-6 months.
Activities involved with procuring MRO goods and services at favorable cost with superior quality and best delivery in accordance with purchasing procedures. Data entry tasks in Oracle Cloud for supplier on boarding and qualification. Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service are crucial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include working as a member of a team with responsibility that primarily involves:
- Creating new suppliers and updating existing suppliers in the Cloud system.
- Supplier Qualification tasks involving requesting questionnaires and ISO certs through Oracle Cloud.
- Processing purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Verifies signature authority levels on company purchases to ensure appropriate accounts and expenditures are being charged correctly.
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule. (telephone, e-mail, fax).
- Expediting/Following up with suppliers.
- Provides superb customer service to ensure customers (internal and external) have all necessary and current information.
- Data entry (item attribute updates/clean-up and other projects).
- Assists Manager and senior level purchasing staff as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. In addition, the following qualifications are required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, be a self starter and a team player.
- Must be organized, multi-tasked oriented with good communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Level entry position requiring one to three years related purchasing assistant experience and/or training.
- Associate’s Degree preferred by not required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and navigating the Internet.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Experience working with Accounts Payable a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to general questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. This includes but is not limited to policies and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in front of a computer. The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, stand and walk. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primary office/cubicle work environment.
The noise level in the work environment is medium.
Due to the high volume of responses, only those candidates with the qualifications above will be contacted.