Salary: $70,000 to $90,000 + Bonus and Profit Share
Date Posted: March 18, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 343465
Environmental Health and Safety Manager - $70K to $90k plus Bonus and Profit Sharing
(Eastern Cuyahoga County)
PrideStaff is conducting a search on behalf of our Cleveland (East) client for an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. This client produces products using raw materials using state-of-the-art engineering and chemical processing to produce materials specialized for their international clients. This client is a long-term stable company in the Cuyahoga County market that prides themselves in having leading innovation and being a great place to work. Our client pays competitive wages, offers a bonus plan and has a great culture. APPLY TODAY!!
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Under direction of designated manager, advise the organization in the area of health and safety programs, including regulations, policies and procedures.
- Inspect and monitor equipment, work areas, facilities and work practices and procedures for compliance with established workplace environmental health and safety rules, regulations and policies and prepare records and reports of findings.
- Maintain database of laws, regulations, proposed legislation, and consensus standards concerned with workplace environmental health and safety; analyze impact of new regulations and communicate changes.
- Investigate injuries and illnesses associated with the workplace, preparing photographs and other recording methods to document hazards, as necessary, and prepare reports and recommendations of investigation results.
- Coordinate and/or provide safety training on appropriate health and safety matters as assigned and as required by law.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate environmental health and safety monitoring and testing equipment.
- Conduct surveys of facilities and operations to identify potential hazardous conditions and safety hazards with equipment, materials, apparatus, wiring, structures, vehicles, grounds and other outdoor activities and maintain records of survey results.
- Review contract documents, building plans and blueprints to assure appropriate health and safety codes are included and meet with contractors to establish safety policies/procedures as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of contemporary environmental health and safety issues.
- Participate in institutional professional development and training.
- Primary contact for and ensure company legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, ODH, EPA, permits, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental health and safety or related discipline and 3-5 years of related experience in environmental health and safety or related field.
- Effective oral and written communications skills to interact and communicate environmental health and safety procedures to faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, supervisors, and employees under stressful conditions.
- Ability to respond promptly in-person to all plant locations requiring environmental health and safety services.
- Ability to wear and use appropriate protective equipment as necessary.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of program.
- Knowledge of laws concerning workplace environmental safety.
Preferred Education, Certification and Experience:
- Professional certification in technical discipline.
- Training and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, codes, and guidelines as related to workplace environmental health and safety functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus Plan
- 401k contribution - 401k match
- Profit Share – varies but paid each year in recent years
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, term life, whole life, telemedicine, pet insurance, identity theft protection available through private benefits exchange.
- Tuition reimbursement
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Candidates must pass a PrideStaff background check and drug screen, and must provide two professional job references.
Staffing Done Right!
PrideStaff has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment now, but you are not temporary to us! We want to be your life-long talent agent.
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
- “They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
- "PrideStaff was able to find a job that fit me"
- “Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
- Work with an agency committed to being your long term partner in staffing.
Work with PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit: www.pridestaff.com/akron for a list of this job and many others.