North Canton, OH
Salary: $35,000 to $40,000 Based on Experience
Date Posted: February 18, 2019
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 345885
Junior Buyer - North Canton, Ohio - $35,000 to $40,000
Flexibility and Great Culture
PrideStaff Financial is conducting a search for their North Canton client for a Junior Buyer. The client is a nationally-recognized organization with a great culture and consider themselves a fun and rewarding place to work. This company likes to promote from within and places a high value on professional development for all their employees. The client offers competitive wages, flexible hours, business casual dress and many on-site amenities such as a work out facility with instructors! If you are an entry level Buyer, Purchasing Specialist or Logistics Specialist then you should apply immediately to be considered for this great company!
The Junior Buyer will provide purchasing support to the Supply Chain department. This entry level position requires a blend of skills and experience that are specifically focused on buying and inventory management of a wide range of items. Responsibilities will include maintaining inventory, tracking shipments, and material purchases for the organization. The Junior Buyer will also research and pursue vendor relationships offering quality products and services and will seek out the most competitive rates. Excellent communication skills both written, and verbal are essential.
- Collaborate with product development team to understand business functions in assessing and effectively fulfilling material and service needs as it relates to projects, facilities and other program needs
- Research and analyze domestic suppliers
- Maintain purchase order system to ensure accurate and efficient use of Great Plains system, inclusive of generating and tracking purchase orders, under the direction of the Senior Purchasing Manager
- Secure quotes; recommend vendors with respect to cost, quality and delivery
- Review purchase orders to ensure compliance with terms and conditions
- Receive and enter products into Great Plains system; maintains inventory in system, reviewing open purchase orders and inventory reports
- Work closely with the Accounting team to initiate check requests, resolve invoice discrepancies, vendor payment and ensure proper purchase order coding
- Other office/clerical duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Ability to respond to and meet changing deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and respond to all requests in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to prioritize
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 2-5 years experience in a purchasing environment, product development team, or logistics
- Proficiency with ERP software; experience utilizing Great Plains is preferred
- Medical, 401K, and Critical Illness/Accident Supplemental Income Plans available
- Great team environment
- Six Sigma White Belt training
- On-site workout facility and instructors
- Opportunity to return each season, based on performance
All Candidates must pass a PrideStaff background check and drug screen, and must provide two professional job references.
Professional Staffing and Recruiting Focused on You!
PrideStaff Financial has won multiple Best of Staffing Awards for our great relationships with candidates. Our candidates consistently rank us as one of the top staffing agencies in the country. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people find outstanding career growth opportunities. At PrideStaff, we truly value people, and we are dedicated to getting to know you and advocating on your behalf with our network employers across the country. Our Recruiters will help guide you with career tools and resources. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to our Field Associates that provides peace of mind as you live and work.
· Medical, Rx, and Wellness Benefits
· Dental and Vision Plan Options
· Short-term Disability
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Holiday Pay
Work with a Staffing Firm that works for you! PrideStaff can offer you a wide-range of rewarding career options. We help you find the job that best matches your skills, interests, and goals. With locally-owned offices throughout the country, PrideStaff gives you the inside track to great jobs with 3,000+ employers. You may be on a temporary assignment now, but you are not temporary to us! We want to be your life-long talent agent.
See what some of our Field Associates have to say:
“They don’t make you pay to search for jobs, they are searching for you"
"PrideStaff was able to find a job that fit me"
“Without them I wouldn’t have the position I have now"
Work with an agency committed to being your long term partner in staffing.
Work with PrideStaff!
Apply today by calling (330) 510-5700.
Or visit: www.pridestaff.com/akron for a list of this job and many others.