Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 Depending on Experience
Date Posted: August 17, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 260502
Assistant Machine Operator; Paper Products
Our client is the Northwest’s largest independent corrugated box manufacturer with a well-deserved reputation for producing the very best in packaging products. From custom shipping containers to retail packaging, from stock boxes to in-store displays, from creative design to same day delivery service - no one is more capable than our client at providing the packaging solutions business needs.
The Assistant Machine Operator works in a team environment on a variety of machines, work centers and production lines based on training, skills and experience. Working closely with a variety of production machines in the productions centers, you will rapidly gain new skills and progress in responsibility. From complex, multi-step machines that create products from raw material, to more simpler single step machines, there is much to learn in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Be familiar with the set up and run of corrugated products on specialty folder gluer/ Flexo folder gluers\Die-cutters meeting standard monthly machine metrics.
- Assist with quality checks for first article and in process QC.
- Assist with the training of other employees to assist and learn to operate as specified by the Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized work center that meets company 5S standards.
- Ensure the safety of all crewmembers.
- Assist with the routine and preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Familiar with Machine Operation. Most any multi-step machine experience will qualify you for this opportunity to learn.
- If you have experience with one of the following, it is a plus but not required;
- Platen Diecutter
- Flexo Folder-Gluer
- Rotary Diecutter
- Radial Saws
- Highest level of detail, organization, and accuracy skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Must have basic personal computer skills
Rate of Pay: $15.00 to $20.00 Depending on Experience
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PrideStaff Portland is a locally owned and operated Staffing Agency. PrideStaff is a winner of the coveted “Best of Staffing” Diamond award for 5 consecutive years for the highest level of satisfaction as rated by our valued Employees and Clients. Over the years, PrideStaff has been a consistent industry leader, developing technology and service processes that allow our organization to deliver superior performance. When it comes to your success, we leave nothing to chance. Allow us to support your job and career search and see the difference PrideStaff can make for you!
Call today to apply! 971.371.4028