Salary: $37.5k to $50k D.o.E. and qualifications
Date Posted: August 13, 2018
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 270746
Die Cut Foam and Assembly Technical Lead
Our client is the Northwest’s largest independent corrugated box manufacturer with a well-deserved reputation for producing the very best in packaging products. From custom shipping containers to retail packaging, from stock boxes to in-store displays, from creative design to same day delivery service - no one is more capable than our client at providing the packaging solutions business needs.
The Die Cut Foam and Assembly Technical Lead coordinates the materials, supplies, mechanical and other resources needed, to produce a wide variety of foam inserts and packaging products. Success in the position requires dedicated teamwork and a “can-do” attitude, to ensure all standards of quality and customer requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhere to company quality control standards and procedures, as they relate to foam assembly processes.
- Coordinate with Design and Customer Service departments, in the planning and development of new foam projects and products.
- Count and record physical inventory of finished goods, supplies and raw materials.
- Maintain documentation records and spreadsheets for all product and supply inventories.
- Train personnel in foam die cutting and assembly procedures and processes.
- Conduct quality assurance checks and product verification, to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Evaluate current work practices and relate new product lines, to drive continuous improvement in foam assembly.
- Perform other job duties, as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in foam die cutting operations and other foam converting processes.
- Extensive knowledge of best processes and practices for foam and assembly tooling and jigs.
- Knowledgeable in inventory control procedures.
- Must have basic personal computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing demands and workloads.
- Must be disciplined, decisive, flexible and results-oriented.
- Previous Supervisory experience is desirable.
- High school Diploma or GED
Shift: Day shift-hours may vary
Starting Salary: $37,500.00 to $50,000.00 /year (Depending on experience)