Date Posted: April 5, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 279387
Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Description – Accounts Payable Specialist
PrideStaff Financial, a recruiting firm specializing in general accounting and financial positions, is seeking a dynamic Accounts Payable Specialist. AP professionals perform accounting tasks associated with the preparation and maintenance of Accounts Payable and other financial matters.
Job Responsibilities – Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialists ensure the timely and accurate posting of accounts payable invoices and timely and accurate processing of checks in accordance with company policies and procedures. Positions provide overall support to the Accounting Department as needed.
Additional responsibilities for the Accounts Payable Specialist include:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintaining employee records
Job Requirements – Accounts Payable Specialist
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you must have basic mathematical aptitude. You must also be highly organized and communicative, as others will rely on the accuracy of your information to make key decisions. We are also seeking someone with a diverse software background.
Additional requirements of Accounts Payable Specialists include:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
Compensation – Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialists typically receive hourly pay based on experience and skill sets in the range of: $14-$19 DOE