Salary: $15-18/HR DOE
Date Posted: February 19, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 289429
Information Systems Assistant - IT Systems Assistant
Client in the Lemoore/Hanford area is searching for an Information Systems Assistant.
Information Systems Assistant is responsible for the installation, operation, and maintenance of computer and thin client systems, as well as other technologies such as phone and radio communication systems.
- Configures hardware and software. Sets up peripherals such as printers, laptops, or thin clients.
- Maintains and repairs equipment. Facilitates configuration changes and patching of software.
- Installs software and hardware and ensures that upgrades are performed on schedule.
- Conducts set up and installation of multi-function devices and audiovisual equipment including CCTV and projectors.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware and thin client technical problems. Identifies and priorities projects and issues.
- Provides daily support for computer network users. Resolve issues over the telephone and in person to ensure that all systems are working efficiently at all times.
- Trains users on desktop applications.
- Creates a network and user account for staff, and provides login information and support.
- Writes reports, and evaluates new technologies.
- Tracks inventory. Assists in organizing, tagging, and cataloging digital assets.
- Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Associates degree in information or computer technology. Two years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of experience
- Experience with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Proficient in computer hardware and peripheral installation and setup
- Experience with Active Directory configuration
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities/Competencies
- Ability to fluently read, write, and speak English
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of government and industrial regulations (PSM, OSHA, and USDA)
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations
- Apple iPad/iPod configuration and setup knowledge
- Ability to understand and apply software patching to Apple and PC products
- Working Relationships: The Information System Assistant works under moderate supervision and reports to Supervisor, Process Systems.
- This position will support users in executing their daily functions.
- Follows established policies and precedents to make decisions, with very little interpretation
- Follows prescribed decision with some interpretation, but usually, actions follow the typical process.
- Comparison and evaluation of possible courses of action and making a decision after various possibilities of have considered
- Formulates, affects, interprets, or implements policies or operating practices
- Has authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures of a significant nature without prior approval
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Works in both the production department which requires walking, climbing, standing and in an office environment which requires standing and sitting.
- Ability to use hand tools and to lift up to 70lbs.
Please apply with your detailed resume to be considered and pay requirements.