Date Posted: January 15, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 291730
Pridestaff is working with client within the Food Service Industry who is looking for Maintenance Mechanics. The company offers competitive salaries along with great benefits! If you're qualified and interested apply with a resume today!
- Be able to perform at a professional level and work in all areas of the plant.
- 2+ years of food manufacturing experience, 5+ is desired. Placement at hire will depend on technical knowledge and skill level of food processing-filling-packaging.
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and repair mechanical and minor electrical problems including any/all of the below list.
- Ability to read and understand equipment manuals. Order parts needed for breakdowns and daily duties.
- Mechanic will experience service calls dealing with these areas:
- Steam: Condensate Pumps, Traps, Valves, Piping/Plumbing, Heat Exchangers-Etc.
- Pneumatics: Cylinders, Piping/Plumbing, Valves, Flow Controls, Compressors-Etc.
- Hydraulics: Cylinders, Piping/Plumbing, Valves, Flow Controls, Pumps, Tanks-Etc.
- Mechanical: Drive/Drive linkage, Conveyors-Etc.
- Limited Basic Fabrication: Cutting, Grinding, Welding, Bending, Sheering-Etc.
- Limited Basic Electrical: Testing, Troubleshooting, Minor component Replacement-Etc.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for startup/shutdown checks of production and process equipment.
- Maintain and complete Preventative/Proactive work orders. Complete in a timely manner emergency repairs of processing, filling and packaging equipment.
- Utilize good situational judgment and decision making skills. Must be able to work in and around a close team environment.
- Must have own hand tools and tool bag – Tool Box to perform maintenance task as required.
- Maintain “Safety First” attitude toward self, others, and equipment. Must adhere to all GMP-(Good Manufacturing Practices) and LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) procedures.
Other positions Available within the maintenance department when spots are available are:
- Building Maintenance
- Forklift Mechanic
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Refrigeration Technician
- Electrical Technician