Cheverly, MD, MD
Salary: Up to $20/hour DOE
Date Posted: January 31, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 297563
PrideStaff in the D.C. Eastern Suburbs is currently working with a client in need of an experience Printing Operator to join their team and be part of a great place to work!!
The Printing Press Operator is responsible for the daily operation of web offset printing presses to assure personal safety while meeting or exceeding the needs of the customer as it pertains to quality, cost and timely delivery.
Printing Operator Responsibilities:
- Must possess the ability to read job tickets to determine quantities to be printed, stock specifications, colors, and special printing instructions.
- Check all components for the next job
- Make ready & run stock allocated to achieve specific quoted standards
- Monitor job and crew while running
- Ensure quality & quantity of job has been met
- Ensure the press area is maintained
- Report any maintenance requirements to Supervisor and Maintenance
- Coordinate and assist in wash-ups
Printing Operator Requirements:
- Offset printing experience required
- 6 months recent experience in printing environment
- Superior communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to acclimate to new software programs as needed
- Adjusting tension, hanging plates & blankets, moving register, adjusting ink to proper densities, applying glue & perfs and making folds