Date Posted: February 6, 2018
Job Type: Temporary to Hire
Job ID: 298273
PrideStaff is seeking highly skilled and experienced Metal Fabricators and Welders!!!
Job Brief Description
? Skilled metal fabricator/welder with the ability to cut and join metals and other
materials at our facilities or construction sites.
? Operate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
? Competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions.
? The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
? Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential!!
· Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
· Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
· Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
· Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
· Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
· Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
· Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
· Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
· Maintain equipment in condition that does not compromise safety